Friday, July 5, 2024

Maalais Musaa

 Lähden landelle parix viikox maanantaina. Otan samalla lomaa netistä, kotona tulee siellä roikuttua ihan liikaakin. Sieltäkin pääsee nettiin kyllä vaikka soon keskellä ei mitään, syvällä Kainuun korvessa. Neo Traditional Country Music. The Castellows - No. 7 Road. 

Saturday Classic

… Everybody's got their little slice of Heaven, mine's in the Georgia pines
Seven miles east of the wildcat creek, if you blink it'll pass you by
Granddaddy walked barefoot up and down this road, now I am too
I'm learnin' how to live, walkin' this dirt where he was walkin' to school

… Oh, No. 7 Road, won't you take me home?
Out there where my roots run deep
Strong just like that old oak tree
Oh, you're runnin' in my blood, built in my bones
I'm who I am from where I stand on the old No. 7 Road

… There's seven of us sittin' round the table at suppertime
Now I'm seven steps away, but my mind still stays right there when I close my eyes
Still tryna fix that barbed wire fence or sittin' on a back porch swing
No. 7 was the place where I was raised, now I'm pickin' this old six string

… Oh, No. 7 Road, won't you take me home?
Out there where my roots run deep
Strong just like that old oak tree
Oh, you're runnin' in my blood, built in my bones
I'm who I am from where I stand on the old No. 7 Road

… Everybody's got their little slice of Heaven
Mine is in the Georgia pines

… Oh, No. 7 Road, won't you take me home? (Won't you take me?)
Out there where my roots run deep
Strong just like that old oak tree
Oh, you're runnin' in my blood, built in my bones
I'm who I am from where I stand on the old No. 7 Road, oh

… No. 7 Road, won't you take me home? No. 7 Road
Take me home, won't you take me home?
No. 7 Road, take me home
Won't you take me home?
Take me home down a country road

6 comments:

  1. I hope you take lots of photos, I've never been there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am a street photographer but it´s nice to get some nature photography under your belt too.

      Delete
  2. Nauti nettivapaasta ympäristönvaihdosta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tämähän oli kiva biisi! Vaikken country fani suuremmin ole, niin tämä upposi.

    Nähdään Kainuussa, minäkin olen siellä ensi viikon. Tosin en missään korvessa, mutta maalla kuitenkin :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will responde to everyone. In my blog that is. I´ll try to visit everybody but sometimes I just don´t have time. Sorry about that. I moderate comments.